Home » Departments » Permits



A ZONING PERMIT IS REQUIRED for any of the following; Erection, Construction, Movement, Placement, Expansion of Structure, Building or Sign.  Change of Use or Expansion of Use of Structure or Land. Creation of New Use or New Lot.  Demolition of Building or Structure.  Pools and Fences.

Ross zoning compilation 2015 rev Oct 2017 and Feb 2022

The Township urges everyone to comply with these regulations for the welfare of the entire community.

The Township has an ordinance regulating the subdivision and development of land for residential and commercial purposes.  Plans are subject to review by the Planning Commission and approval by the Supervisors.  A copy of this ordinance and any other ordinance enacted by the Township may be reviewed or purchased at the Township Office.

SFM Consulting LLC 

Jeffrey Snyder

Zoning Business Hours: Monday & Wednesday: 2PM-4PM Friday: 10AM-12PM    #(570) 402-1801

Sewage Enforcement Officer:  Ryan Engler #(570) 977-8641                    

SEO Business Hours: Thursday 2PM-4PM

Sewage Permit 2023


Please note that a Driveway Permit is required.  If you are approached by a contractor and told that you do not need a permit – this is incorrect – in efforts to  protect residents from bad business practices please obtain a permit.     

Residents are required to complete a moving permit when they move into Ross Township or when they move out of Ross Township.  Also a permit is required if moving within Ross Town­ship.  The Permit amount is one dollar ($1.00) and can be completed at the Municipal Building during regular business hours.

Garage Sale Permits are required. ($10)  Be respectful of other property owners when placing signs.  Always receive property owners permission when placing signs.  Signs need to be removed immediately at the end of the sale.